Thursday, 13 November 2014

Tips on; Being confident and staying strong. | Tips&Tricks.

Most people are confident in there own skin which is great but there's people who aren't and you could be one. Personally I think that I'm not confident at all. I have a friend who could talk to anyone, and I mean anyone, without making it awkward at all whereas with me it would be dead silent the whole time I'm with someone new. I admit I'm not the most confident person and I know I need to work on it but it can be hard because I've been shy my whole life.  Not being confident could cause you to feel depressed, lonely and out of place. I know I'm not alone so I have some tips on how to make us more confident and staying strong.

  • Don't compare yourself to other people, be yourself. Stay focused on you. Just because someone thinks a certain way doesn't mean you should too, even its one of your friends, its ok to be different!
  • Remember that you can never change who you are. You can change your looks and likes but it will never change that fact that you are you and being you is great.
  • Get rid of self doubt, you are your own person! Building up your confidence will make you stronger.
  • Write your thoughts down. This will help you with sorting out the things in your life and to stay calm, write down what you need to do so it isn't always at the back of your mind.
  • Avoid peoples negative judgements and comments. Don't let the bring you down! "Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind".
  • Dress for confidence! Don't dress to impress, do it because you want to.
  • Carry yourself with the a good posture, shoulders back, straight spine and chin forward. Its important to have good posture, it really shows how you feel about yourself.
  • Smile. It shows a lot, make people know your happy with who you are.
  • Make eye contact. It shows respect and you'll become more likable and trustworthy. It also boosts your confidence, especially when it comes to doing interviews for college/university or a job.
  • Don't let anyone get you down. If someone disrespects you, don't think about it. It will annoy them if you just ignore it, they're only looking for attention.
  • Relax. Go with the flow and don't stress the little things.
  • Be positive and look for the good in every situation. Be optimistic. The glass should always be hall full, not half empty. Always look at what you have rather that what you don't, even through the toughest time.
  • Do what you love. Life is too short to waste your time doing anything otherwise. Embrace what you enjoy. If you like something embrace it! When someone tells you that it's immature and weird, so what? Its who you are, just brush it off.
  • Don't ever measure your self worth. Ever.
  • Love yourself. You are a gift. Nothing would be the same if you didn't exist.
*All the tips above have been found online or from my own experience.

Daily Reminders; To believe in yourself and all that you are!

DFTBA!x