A lot of teenagers and people who may be older get acne, I have it myself, I hate it. A lot. But there's nothings you can do but be patient when you do get a spot as it will take a while to get rid of it. Here's some tips I think actually work from my own experience on getting rid or just reducing the amount of acne you get.
- Be gentle. Use a mild cleanser when you wake up and just before you go to sleep and after any sweaty workouts.
- Don't touch it. Try not to touch your skin as the bacteria from your hands will get onto your skin and clog up your pores. Squeezing, pinching and picking your spots can lead to scars being left even when the spot has disappeared.
- Makeup. Your makeup should be oil free.
- Keep your hair out of your face. The oils from your hair can get onto your face so its important to wash your hair frequently but don't over do it as your hair could get drier over time. Cover your face with a towel while applying hair gel, hairspray or any other hair product. While taking a shower, wash your face last to remover shampoo and conditioner that may have run down your face.
- Wash your face, neck and hairline twice a day. Wash your face daily, starting with warm water (not too hot as you could burn your skin) to open up your pores, do this twice then colder water to close them up. Avoid excessive washing to eliminate risk of drying out your skin).
- Use a face mask. Face masks contain compounds that soothe your skin. Use a face mask 2-3 times a week or how many times it is recommended on the pack.
- Drink water. Drink 6-8 glasses of water, this will help to hydrate your skin and obtain a spotless face.
- Eat healthy. Now this one may be harder to do but try, it can really help. Eating junk food can cause more spots to occur so its important to eat healthy.
- Aloe Vera (Gel). I highly recommend using Aloe Vera, its one of the natural ways of getting rid of acne. Its one of the things I have to put on my face everyday. I usually do it just before I go to sleep so it can work on my skin over night. Make sure to get one that doesn't have any other ingredients added into it, you can find the best ones from herbal shops or a health food shops like Holland and Barrett.
- Tea tree oil. I've also heard Tea tree oil is good at getting rid of spots, its also a natural way just like Aloe Vera.
- Always use moisturiser.
- For getting rid of acne scars; squeeze some lemon onto the area and leave it over night. Honey not only minimises the size but also fade acne scars, place some honey onto the area and put a plaster over it and leave it over night.
*All the tips above have been found online or from my own experience.
Daily Reminder; To never give up on something that you really want.